Diva's Dooney

Diva's Dooney
Diva's Dooney

Monday, July 11, 2011

Update on the Votes 7/11/2011, and Bad Habits

****UPDATE****

This contest has been so much fun and my little Diva is loving all of the attention! I have had votes and comments from all over the world on the voting site!

As of today July 7th, 2011, Diva has 511 votes, and Crickette Ann is still taking the number two spot with 374 votes. Diva is doggy napping on my lap right now! She's my little lovebug. She woke me up at a barking 5:15 in the morning today. Poor little Diva had spilled her water bowl and was all wet. So being the devoted father as I am, I got up, cleaned it up, and gave her a bath, so I have had alot of coffee today. Haha

I am having trouble training her though. Since she is still potty training, I bought a really cute pink and white playpen for her to be in when we are sleeping. It has enough room for her puppy bed, some squeak toys, a bone or two, and her potty pad. But she wakes me up every morning whining to get out, which is okay, I understand her frustration, but I don't want her growing up and thinking that she can whine and bark! I read many articles on how to best train a Chihuahua, but still she whines. She is also starting to tear up her potty pad when she is locked in the playpen, I don't know what to do! The tearing-up of the potty pad can easily be fixed by buying a potty pad holder, but that still doesn't fix the problem of chewing on things she is not supposed to. I have tried correcting her by saying NO! and putting her in a crate for 10 minutes, but she still goes right back to her new-old ways! I am hoping that she is just teething and that she will stop when she gets older. I just don't want to have her learning bad habits. Don't get me wrong, she is learning quite well, but still has those puppy tendencies. Once she is fully potty trained on her potty pads, she will not be locked up in her playpen evermore.

Other than that, she is doing very well. I take her on walks almost daily, we play with her outside often, and she loves playing with her sister Delani, the Maine Coon kitten! Diva even loves to play with Delani's cat toys. So Cute! As I always say, we have a cat that will be the size of a dog, and a dog the size of a cat.

For those of you who have been voting for Diva, thank you very much, I actually just found out that you can vote daily so keep up the good work! And for those of you who haven't voted yet, all you have to do is go to www.cutepuppypicture.com and on the right side of the page, vote for DIVA!!

<3 Love and Kisses <3
Antonio and DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment